- 1 JioFi.Local.Html – JioFi Admin Panel
- 2 How to login JioFi router panel?
- 3 What is default JioFi WiFi SSID and Password?
- 4 How to configure JioFi router for the first time?
- 5 What are default Username and Password of JioFi.Local.Html?
- 6 How to Change the Username and Password of JioFi?
- 7 How to Connect JioFi Hotspot with PC/Laptop/Mobile?
- 8 How to Tether JioFi Hotspot Device to PC?
- 9 How to block any MAC address on JioFi using JioFi.Local.Html
- 10 How to reset JioFi router?
- 11 Final Words to Conclude
JioFi.Local.Html – JioFi Admin Panel
jiofi.local.html or http://jiofi.local.html/ is a domain name that directs to 192.168.1.1 which is used to login into JioFi Router admin dashboard panel. You can log in to your JioFi 2/3/4/5/6 wireless router admin panel by entering ‘JioFi.Local.Html’ or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
In this blog post, you’re going to learn about how to log in JioFi MiFi router Panel, how to configure JioFi router for the first time, how to change JioFi username and password using the address ‘JioFi.Local.Html’. Also, you’ll know the answers to the questions like, What are the default username and password of JioFi, how to reset JioFi MiFi router, How to block any MAC address by using admin panel at JioFi.Local.Html, how to find out the JioFi SSID and password, and much more. Here, you have everything you need to know about JioFi.Local.Html. The page contains every information that you’ll ever need regarding your JioFi Login to Admin Panel.
How to login JioFi router panel?
Logging in to router admin panel helps you to customize various options like password, IP QoS, Proxy, WAN, LAN, WiFi Network name, DNS, network management, WLAN settings, Security options, PPPoE, WPS, MAC, DHCP client, and DSL.
Let’s have a brief look at how to use JioFi.Local.Html? or How to login JioFi router admin panel step-by-step?
- Open the web browser and type http://jiofi.local.html/ or simply jiofi.local.html in the address bar of the web browser. (for JioFi Dongle, type http://jiodongle.local.html or jiodongle.local.html).
- When you have completed your step 1, you must have a button for login, click on that button will ask you for username and password in a pop-up window. Type ‘administrator’ in both fields for username and password. Then, click on Login.
Now, you’ve successfully logged in into JioFi Router as admin using URL JioFi.Local.Html. You can now control, manage and configure the JioFi router using the Admin dashboard panel. Below I’ve mentioned some basics that you should know.
- To change your preset password, Go to Settings > WiFi > Password
- To change the username of the device, Go to Settings > User Management
- To change the SSID of the WiFi (Network name of WiFi), Go to Settings > WiFi
Note: If you’re unable to login to your router admin panel even after following the above process, resetting your JioFi MiFi router or upgrading the firmware can fix this issue. You do not need to worry at all as Our expert team has already written separate posts for these topics, go through them and find the solution of your problems and know more about JioFi.Local.Html.
What is default JioFi WiFi SSID and Password?
You can find the JioFi WiFi SSID and password on your JioFi box and in the battery compartment.
See the images for reference.
How to configure JioFi router for the first time?
Now, when you know how to login into JioFi admin dashboard panel with the URL JioFi.Local.Html. Let’s have a look at how to configure JioFi router for the first time.
- The very first thing to set up the JioFi Router is to note down the SSID, PWD, Password (password is a must), etc. in the notebook for future use (All you can find at the back panel or Battery compartment of JioFi device, and on the box of the router).
- Insert the Nano sim card into the JioFi hotspot device and power on the JioFi by long pressing the button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi options on your Laptop or PC or Smartphone, here you must have the option of your JioFi. Click on your JioFi name, and then click on connect. It’ll ask you for the JioFi password, then you have to enter the password that you’ve previously noted from the box or battery compartment, and click on OK.
Done. You’re now connected to the Internet and can easily access the Internet through Wi-Fi on your Laptop or PC or Smartphone.
What are default Username and Password of JioFi.Local.Html?
By default, the username and the password for router login panel is admin or administrator. I have mentioned it here just below.
JioFi Username: administrator
JioFi Password: administrator
(All the letters must be in small caps, Administrator or ADMINISTRATOR will not work)
In case, if you forgot your username or password, you may go through the WPS button.
How to Change the Username and Password of JioFi?
Is it hard for you to remember you Jio SSID and password? Don’t worry you can easily change your username and password of your JioFi. Let’s see how?
- Connect your laptop/PC or smartphone to your JioFi over WiFi or USB.
- Open the web browser on your connected device and go to URL: http://jiofi.local.html/. (For Jio Dongle device use http://jiodongle.local.html)
- Click on Login and Enter username as administrator and password also as an administrator.
- Now, navigate to the WiFi settings under the settings tab.
- Enter the new username in the SSID field and new password in the password field.
- Tap on Save and You’re Done.
Have a look at the video tutorial here-
How to Connect JioFi Hotspot with PC/Laptop/Mobile?
Thinking to connect your PC or Laptop with you JioFi. Just follow these simple steps-
- Switch ON your JioFi, then go to Wi-Fi settings in your laptop or desktop.
- Select JioFi SSID from the list (you can find the SSID and the password on the JioFi box and in the battery compartment).
- Enter the password and get connected to JioFi. You can check out video tutorial on how to connect JioFi Hotspot with PC/Laptop/Smartphone
How to Tether JioFi Hotspot Device to PC?
One additional feature of Jio MiFi is that you can use it to tether the Internet to your PC using MicroSD slot along with accessing the Internet via WiFi signal released by Jio MiFi. Since Jio MiFi device has only one microSD card slot, so it can be connected to a single PC at a time.
When the Jio MiFi device is connected to a PC via microSD cable, it’ll charge your device and tether the PC for internet connectivity at the same time. Also, you can use WiFi and USB tethering together.
How to block any MAC address on JioFi using JioFi.Local.Html
Just go through the following steps to block any MAC address on JioFi Router.
- At first, make sure your Laptop/PC is connected to JioFi device. Then open jiofi.local.html or http://jiofi.local.html/ in the browser (for Jio Dongle the URL is jiodongal.local.html), and Login.
- Go to setting then select Network. In network mode, set MAC address filter to Enable & set MAC address filter mode to Deny.
- After that, click on Add. It’ll show you another pop-up window where you have to enter the MAC address to be blocked. If you want to block an existing user, Click on Select from the UserList. Clicking on Select from UserList will enable you to select the user you want to block. Please note that the status is set to Enable.
- At last, click on the submit button and click OK on the confirm dialogue box. Now, click on Apply. All done!
How to reset JioFi router?
Have you forgotten your admin password of JioFi.Local.Html or Wi-Fi password? If yes, I have a solution to your problem, resetting the JioFi Router might help you. When you’ll reset JioFi Router, the password will be reset to the one as it comes on the time of purchasing the device. Just Follow the given steps to reset your JioFi password.
- Power On your JioFi device, and remove the back panel of the device.
- On one side of the device, you’ll have a reset button that you have to long press (about 15-20 seconds) with the help of a pin (or similar).
- When all the indicator lights will on, it implies that your JioFi device has reset successfully.
Now, you can use your JioFi normally by using the password mentioned in the battery compartment or on the box. If you want to change the SSID password again, you can repeat the above-mentioned process to change the SSID and password of JioFi using the same URL i.e., jiofi.local.html.
Final Words to Conclude
JioFi MiFi portable hotspot device is the best option available if you don’t have a 4G device or wish for high-speed internet access on many devices simultaneously. No doubt, Jio has changed the rank of India in term of internet usage and we hope the Jio will continue with the advanced internet services. There are five JioFi routers available in the market till date.