Tax rate reduced to 5% on income Rs 2.5L-5L
Is your income between Rs 2.5L-5L then it’s a good news for you. Now you just have to pay 5% tax.
Union Budget 2017-2018 Highlights
- Government to set up strategic crude oil reserves in Odisha and Rajasthan.
- Allocation for infrastructure stands at a record Rs 3,96,135 crore.
- Rs. 10 lakh crore as a credit to farmers with 60 days interest waiver.
- 500 rail stations to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
- NABARD fund to be increased to Rs. 40,000 crore.
- Dairy processing infrastructure fund with be created initially with a corpus of Rs. 2000 cr.
- 133-km road per day constructed under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana as against 73-km in 2011-14.
- Chandigarh and eight districts of Haryana have been declared Kerosene-free
- Priority will be given to tribal, Dalit, women to set up greenfield enterprises, says Arun Jaitley.
- During 2017-18, 5 lakh farm ponds to be taken up under MGNREGA
- One crore houses for poor by 2019
- Budget allocation for welfare of women and children under various ministries increased to Rs 1,84,632 cr.